Featured Deals

Featured Deals > Heavy Civil and Underground Construction for Residential Markets

Heavy Civil and Underground Construction for Residential Markets


Client Number







Southwestern U.S.

Contact Details

Chad Comroe

(972) 232-1147


BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS: The Company is a vertically integrated construction company performing heavy civil construction, earthwork, basement excavation, and civil concrete projects. The Company’s construction capabilities include: Residential, Municipal, Commercial, Industrial, Underground Utilities, Potable Non-potable Water Facility, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer System, Dry Utility Conduit, Subgrade Preparation, and Concrete work. In 2021, the Company completed projects serving residential (96.9% of 2021 revenue), municipal, commercial, and industrial accounts. Contracts vary from less than $100,000 with a 2-week completion period to projects exceeding $10 million with an approximate 16-month completion period. Approximately 80% of revenue is generated from projects in the $2 to $4 million range. The Company has 125+ full-time employees. INVESTMENT CONSIDERATIONS: Blue Chip Customers: The Company maintains long-term relationships with blue chip national developers. The Company has strong ties to customers due to its industry expertise and excellent customer service. Diversified Customer Base: No single customer accounted for more than 22% of revenue during the historical period. The diversified customer base helps ensure that the Company will not be significantly impacted by the loss of a single account. Bid Environment: Approximately 80% of projects are awarded through negotiation based on past performance and strong relationships with existing accounts. The remaining 20% of projects are hard bid with an estimated bid success rate of 35%. Backlog of Signed Contracts: The Company’s backlog as of May 2022 was approximately $55 million compared to $40 million at the same time in 2021. Large Equipment Base: The Company has a large equipment and machinery base. An asset list is available for review.